Friday, December 20, 2013

Studio Visits and Going Vegan

Hello everyone!
I've had a pretty boring week with nothing much going on. It's been a busy combination of work and getting ready for the holidays.
Yesterday, I was in Los Angeles with my colleagues for a studio visit and lunch.  We visited Aili Schemltz's studio which was amazing! She creates both 2D and 3D works, and we were all completely fascinated by her works.
After chatting, drinking tea, and admiring these amazing works lunch was definitely needed.
One of my colleagues had stumbled upon a vegan restaurant, Sage, one night after a gallery opening, and we decided to check it out! We started off to their location in Culver City!



I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian so this would be my first time eating vegan food. I was a little hesitant, but excited at the same time.  

I was surprised by how massive the menu was, and the first thing that caught my eye was the cheese pizza. I had no idea that vegan cheese was made out of cashews!


I was happily surprised by it! It looked and tasted like a regular cheese pizza! While it didn't entirely convince me to go vegan (I love meat way too much), it was still a great meal. I was very lucky as pizza is only available at the Culver City location.
 One of my colleagues had the BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado) with rice and beans.

My two other colleagues got the butternut squash tacos (not pictured), and they each got the Jungle Cider to drink. I had a taste, but there was too much ginger in it for me.
I was told, as we walked in and saw the dessert case, that we could not miss out on the IceKreme! 
So after we finished our main meals, we immediately went on a tasting spree! I tasted the Honey Strawberry, and Cookies & Cream just to name a few, but I fell in love with the Mint Chocolate Chip almost instantly.


I just got a single scoop, which was a lot bigger than what I thought it was going to be. It was so refreshing, and while the texture is completely different to that of gelato or ice cream (as it's non-dairy) it was still really good!


As we were leaving we saw a rainbow over the sky! It had been raining for most of the day so this was a welcoming sight.




No comments:

Post a Comment