Sunday, January 19, 2014

Maggiano's and "The Lion King"

Part of our Christmas gifts were tickets to "The Lion King" and "The Book of Mormon". Two weekends ago we went to see "The Lion King" at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.
My family and I debated about what to do for dinner before the show, but we finally decided on Maggiano's




It is located at The Grove, which is a short drive to the Pantages Theatre.
We had made reservations earlier in the day so we had a small wait before being seated out in the patio.


It was so pretty with this gorgeous courtyard!

 



After browsing the menu, I decided on the Rustic Chicken and Shrimp.
It was exactly what I was craving!

Pasta with a creamy cheese filled sauce, prosciutto, shrimp, and chicken. It came with pieces of pepper. Since I am not a fan of eating peppers, I just avoided them and focused on the yummy-ness that was the rest of the dish.
My mum also got this dish, but my sister got their Mushroom Ravioli al Forno, which is her favorite at Maggiano's.


It doesn't look like much, but it is very filling and you even get another order to go!
Dad got the Taylor Street Baked Ziti, which is a baked ziti with a lot of cheese and sausage. His was another dish were you got a whole new dish to go. I didn't know that Maggiano's did this, and I think it's a great idea! 



After finishing with our dinner, we decided that we definitely wanted dessert! It was our Christmas present after all.
Mum picked the personal sized Tiramisu, which was the perfect size!


Dad decided on the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, and even posed for a cute picture with it.



My sister and I have this thing where if there is Crème Brulee we spilt it between the two of us. There is always a worry that it won't be enough to satisfy both of our cravings, but the Crème Brulee at Maggiano's was one of the best I've ever had!


It was so good!
After we got our fill, we headed off for the show!
I would highly recommend pre-paying for parking available at the Pantages Theatre as it saves money and time.


After no time we were walking into the theatre to take our seats.




The Pantages Theatre originally opened in 1930 and that shows in the beautiful architecture.





We took our seats and waited for the show to begin!




I had seen "The Lion King" with some friends while living in London and loved it! When I heard it was coming to Los Angeles, I knew I wanted my family to see it as well.
It is a great show for families, and for those who loved the movie.
I cannot wait to see the "Book of Mormon"!
Here is the website for the Pantages Theatre (http://hollywoodpantages.com/index.php) should you wish to see a show while in Los Angeles, which I would highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment