Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Universial CityWalk and Bubba Gumps

So the last stop of our day was Universal CityWalk for dinner.
You do have to pay for parking in one of their parking structures, but it is free to enter the CityWalk which has a movie theater and is filled with different types of restaurants.
 
 
I had not been to the CityWalk in years, and had never been at night. I loved all the lights and the Christmas decorations that had not been taken down yet.
It was really beautiful.


 
 
 
 
After spending time with the family, it was time for dinner so we started discussing where we would like to go.
Someone mentioned that there was a Bubba Gumps and I lost it in excitement!
My favorite movie of all time is "Forrest Gump", and I even had my Birthday/MA Graduation party at the Bubba Gump in Anaheim last May.
 
 
I absolutely love the decorations in Bubba Gump because I am such a huge fan of the movie. There are so many references that I always find something new to fan girl about.







 
I decided to treat myself to a Mama's Blue Hawaiian which has five spirits combined with lemon-lime and pineapple juice. (According to the menu it is Lt. Dan's tropical favorite!)

 
For a starter we picked the Frizzled Onion Strings which is one my family's favorite things ever!

 
Dip it in some ranch...yummy!

 
None of us were particularly starving after eating at the Farmer's Market just a couple of hours before so most of us wanted to split food. My mum and I decided to split the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and the Shrimp Shack Pasta.


 
I loved the mushrooms, but sadly the pasta was just too citrus-y for me. I have a weird sensitivity to citrus and salt (I know I am not normal) so I did not really enjoy that part of the dish. My mum liked it though!
My aunt and cousin shared the Popcorn Shrimp and the Salmon & Veggie skillet (not pictured). The salmon was apparently undercooked when it first came out (the waiter actually caught it before it even came to the table), but my cousin devoured it!


My sister also got the Popcorn Shrimp and she dipped her shrimp in Chick-fil-A sauce that she was carrying around! It was so funny seeing the waiter's face when he asked: "We have a Chick-fil-A here?!"
Sadly, we had to break his heart by saying that she had been carrying it around in her purse.
Overall, when compared to my other Bubba Gump experiences, I do have to say that my favorite is the one in Anaheim by Disneyland.
I still had a wonderful time though!
Until next time Forrest and Jenny!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment