Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dreaming of Fish & Chips

It seems to be a tradition in our family to have some delicious pub food in Santa Monica after a visit to the Getty Center.
Our pub of choice is the Ye Olde King's Head!


The place is pretty massive with a pub, a tea room, and a gift store which is filled with goodies from the UK. 



We of course started off our meal with some cider! My sister got a Strongbow and I chose the more fruity Wyder's Pear Cider. 
The cider was an excellent choice of beverage with what I had ordered....


Fish & Chips!!!


The fish was seasoned and cooked perfectly, the chips were awesome, and the tartar sauce was probably the best I have ever tasted!
After living in London for over a year, I became addicted to fish & chips. This was probably the best American version of fish & chips I've ever had!


My sister got the bangers & mash which smelled and looked delicious! I was assured that it also tasted very delicious as well.


My dad got a burger with fries (also yummy!), and my mum got the afternoon tea. This consisted of some finger sandwiches, a scone with clotted cream and jam, and dessert plate. 


Of course we had to end our meal with one of our favorite British desserts...Sticky Toffee Pudding!!
It may not look very appetizing, but it is so good!
And of course no visit to the Ye Olde King's Head is complete without going to the gift store. It is filled with food, drinks, candies, and other items from the UK, and I wish that I could just buy everything. 

(PS GO CHELSEA!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment