Monday, March 3, 2014

The Amazing Lamb Burger at Plum's Cafe

My Great-Grama is turning 95 next week and while looking for places for her party we ran across Plum's Cafe in Costa Mesa. Even though it wouldn't work for what we needed, we decided to do what any sane person would do and of course went for a tester!


The menu is pretty out there, but not in a weird what-am-I-going-to-eat-I-have-no-clue-what-to-order way.
I got the Plum's Lamb Burger because where else in Orange County can you get a lamb burger that is destined to be greatness?!


I substituted the hazelnut slaw for fruit and as you can see the whole plate was delicious. 
It was a juicy and just perfection!


My Grama C got the Skillet Roasted Alaskan Halibut, and thankfully she let me have a bite so I can tell you straight that it was really good! I'm just now getting into non-fried fish and I greatly enjoyed the little bites she gave me. 


My Great-Grama D got the soup and sandwich with Chicken Noodle Soup and Turkey & Cranberry Relish. 
She liked both elements, but she loved the soup! She ate every bite because she knew that it would be easier to have the sandwich for leftovers, and she didn't want any of it to go to waste.


On Great-Grama D's plate was a sample of Plum's Rosemary Scone, which the waitress gave to us for free because it was our first visit. 
It was one of the best scones I've had! Rosemary can be overpowering, but this was just perfect.
So Grama C being the best Grama ever went inside the bakery to see what other goodies they had. She bought a selection of scones (Lemon Poppyseed and Raisins were two of them). She also got a lemon bar and coconut macaroons. 


All in all it was a success visit to one of my new favorite places in Orange County. The service was fantastic, and while it was a little pricey, the food was amazing. I would highly recommend it if anyone is in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment