Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Campin' Out at Belcampo Meat Co.

So I found myself alone on Friday night in Santa Monica and I decided to take myself out for dinner. The Belcampo Meat Co. pop up in Santa Monica sounded like the best fit for me!


I got there a little early as I didn't have a reservation, and ended up being the only person in the restaurant for most of my meal! It was really nice as the staff was really friendly and didn't mind keeping me company. 

I had heard about the famous Belcampo cheeseburger so I immediately ordered that for my dinner.


For my Friday night cocktail, I decided to be surprised and have the bartender create something special for me. 


I told the waiter that I love a classic cocktail such as a Cosmopolitan, and he passed the message along to the bartender.

What I ended up with was "An Introduction to Aperol", which was extremely delicious! I fell in love with Aperol on my last trip to Italy, and was pulled into those amazing memories while waiting for my dinner.


The decorations at Belcampo was spot on! The fairy lights and laid back style created a relaxing atmosphere, and I can't even imagine how pretty it is at night.  



I also loved the "Lord of the Rings" map/placemat...if only I carried caryons in my purse...next time!



There I was minding my own business when all of a sudden I looked up and there it was...my beautiful cheeseburger and tallow fries!


Look at that delicious combination of meat, cheese, and caramelized onions...please excuse me while I wipe some drool away...


While the cheeseburger was delicious the tallow fries were addicting! Especially with the homemade ketchup and aioli. I could have completely stuffed myself just on the fries, but I definitely wanted to help myself to dessert.


Look at that magnificent chocolate cream puff! It was so rich with a delicious creamy chocolate mousse. 


All in all this was a great dinner and I'm looking forward to their permanent location this fall in Santa Monica. 
(PS I still dream about those fries...)

No comments:

Post a Comment