Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Adventures at the California Science Center


I spent this past weekend with my Grandmothers in Orange County, and we had some major plans Saturday. A good hearty breakfast at Flappy Jack's was definitely in order!


It's located in Orange, and they have another location in Glendora. It's one of our favorite breakfast places in the area.


They have a massive menu with lots of options. 

My favorite is the Egg and Meat Sandwich with a fried egg, ham, and avocado. I substituted the home-style potatoes for fresh fruit, which was a good choice. The fruit was amazing!


My Great-Grama D got the Bacon Waffles...


while my sister got the Bacon Pancakes. It was a tie between which one was better, but they both looked delicious to me!


My Grama C stuck with good old Ham and Eggs, which is always a good choice. 


After having a filling breakfast we made our way to the California Science Center. My Great-Grama D worked for Rockwell who did work for NASA. She was very excited to see the Space Shuttle Endeavour. 




We got our tickets and immediately made our way to the Space Shuttle. 




It was a maze to get to the exhibit, but once we were there it was amazing.

They had removed parts from the Space Shuttle and had them on display with videos explaining their purpose and how they worked.



("Space Potty"...hehe!)

The Shuttle made an epic journey to LA and they had both pictures and video to show it.




Finally we arrived to the best part...the Space Shuttle Endeavour!







It was amazing! If you're in the area you should definitely check it out.

There was another exhibit at the Science Center that I had to see...


I've been to Pompeii and I saw the amazing exhibit at the British Museum last year so I was intrigued at what and how artifacts would be presented.

It was very similar to the British Museum's exhibition in that a Roman villa was replicated within the space. 

The function of each room was explained with both audio guides and artifacts, which I found very fascinating. 













I've been captivated by the history of Pompeii for years, and was really excited to be able to go to the actual site a few years ago. 

This exhibition did a very good job of explaining common every day life in Ancient Pompeii to people who may have little knowledge on the subject (which should always be considered when planning an exhibition about a historical subject). 



After a good day of exploring a good meal was needed and I knew exactly what I wanted..

Ye Olde King's Head!


Again it was delicious (as always) and another good day came to an end.

x Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment