Sunday, June 15, 2014

James Taylor at the Hollywood Bowl

Last weekend the family and I went to the Hollywood Bowl to see a legend...James Taylor!


I've been listening to his music for ages ("Fire and Ice" is one of my favorite songs) and I was very excited to see him in concert.


Usually when you go to the Hollywood Bowl you bring a picnic with food and drink, but we just didn't have the time to put one together so decided to wing it when we got there.

My parents and sister decided on a BBQ stand just inside the entrance.




They all three got the pulled pork sandwich, and I was able to get a couple of bites...it was delicious!


My sister and I decided to split the Sangria which was massive (and a little pricey), but still a good treat for the night.



I didn't want BBQ so I headed over to another food stand and order a burger and fries. 



Let me tell you...that burger was amazing! Cheese...bacon...and a delicious juicy burger patty.


The garlic fries were so good that I completely forgot to take a picture of them until they were almost gone. 

Let this just be a testimony to how amazing the garlic fries are here.


If you've never been to the Hollywood Bowl then you don't know the awesome-ness of the surrounding area. Right in front of you is the Hollywood Sign and to the right in the distance is the Griffith Observatory. 


It's an amazing sight!






We had an awesome time and James Taylor was so funny! I think it's really cool when you go to a concert and the performer entertains with both comedy and music. 




"X" marks the spot!


The Hollywood Bowl hosts an awesome array of concerts from April to November, and every summer they host a special musical event. Last year I saw "Chicago" there with Samantha Bark, Ashlee Simpson, and it was directed by Brooke Shields. This year "Hair" is being performed. 

It's a definite must see location in Los Angeles. Have fun!

x Kate

P.S. Make sure you look into the park and ride option because parking looks like a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment