Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Family Celebrations at Buca di Beppo

So sorry for the long delay! Life has been quite busy, and while this post may be a few weeks late, it is too good to pass up.

Last month my mum graduated from university with her BA so of course a family celebration was in order!


She decided on dinner at one of her favorite restaurants-Buca di Beppo which has some amazing family styled Italian food.

With the size of our party, we were able to sit in a room that we have coveted after for ages...the Pope's Room!


If you've never been to a Buca di Beppo then you have never experience their unique use of decorations. There is always something else to see and admire, and I love that about Bucca di Beppo.


I started my meal with a frozen peach bellini, which was delicious and a perfect way to start what I knew was going to be a fantastic meal.


My sister and Aunt D started their meal off with sangria (which was also delicious, but mine was better!).



First course was a sampling of things-fried mozzarella, calamari, and stuffed mushrooms. 


Next was pizza, and let me tell you that Bucca di Beppo has some of the best pizza. It's gooey and just overall yummy!


To offset our first two courses, the next course were two refreshing salads-Caesar and Chopped Antipasto. 



Our main course consisted of Raviolis...


Chicken Saltimboca (mum's favorite)...


Sausage (delicious!!)...


Meatballs (yummy!)...


And my favorite Chicken Parmigiana. 


(So proud of you mum!!)


For our final (and best course) dessert consisted of mum's cake and cupcakes, as well as Cannoli and Tiramsiu. 




Some beautiful flowers for a beautiful person!


It was a fantastic meal with some amazing and inspiring people. I love spending time with my family, and never tire of being with them. We can always make each other laugh with both old and new stories. 

I love you mum and I'm so proud of you!

x Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment