Friday, July 18, 2014

Flashback Friday: Weekend in San Francisco Part I



So last July my family and I decided to take a girl's trip to San Francisco. I hadn't been in years, and even though I'm from California, I've rarely been up to NorCal. 

We decided to roadtrip-it to make the weekend a little more fun. So we packed the car and began our trip!


We stopped a few times on the way up for food and to stretch our legs. The best stop was at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. 


It's the most eclectic place I have ever seen, but yet it's so beautiful!


We were a little hungry so we decided to treat ourselves and get some dessert to split. Of course I had to wear the London-themed adult bib I got that previous Christmas.

Go on! Be jealous of my bib!


We tried the Pink Champagne cake...


Madonna Inn Chocolate Eclair...


and a Madonna Inn Cream Puff...


We also shared a plate of fries which made up for the perfect pit stop ever!

I kept hearing about their toilets so we decided to check it out, and I discovered this little gem.


Is that not the cutest toilet you've ever seen?!

We were then on the road again, but soon the desserts and fries weren't enough for our stomachs and we stopped at Black Bear Diner near Salinas. 


I decided to be a child again and get chicken tenders with onion rings.


Some of my travelers were more "adult" with their choices. 



On our way to lunch we kept seeing signs about John Steinbeck, whose hometown was Salinas. I loved reading Steinbeck's books in High School so we made a detour to have a look around. 

We found the John Steinbeck Library where there was a quote by the author engraved on a boulder, and a statue of Steinbeck.




We soon made our way back onto the road and continued on to San Francisco. 

Stay tuned for next week's edition of  Flashback Friday where I'll discuss the coldest winter in July I've ever experienced!
 (If you've ever been to San Francisco in July you'll know what I'm talking about)

Here is a sneak peek!


x Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment