Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fun and Food at the O.C. Fair


The O.C. Fair is in town so we decided to head down and see what they had to offer..food wise of course!



We went first thing in the morning to get the early bird special of $3. It was overcast that morning, which was fine by me as it kept the temperature cool for most of the afternoon. 


Right when we walked in we were greeted with free food, which is always a good sign for the day!



The county fair is known for their crazy food so our plan was to stick with food we rarely get out in the real world. 



Our first stop were these delicious fried potatoes with cheese and ranch.


I preferred the ranch over the cheese, but just look at that fried goodness!


We walked through the pavilions and saw the prize winning jam, cakes, and all types of other food still on display.







(Look...a flower bed!)

Did anyone know they judged table decoration? I had no idea, but I think it's cool and creative.




Knitted minions!


This one woman created an Eiffel tower out of miniature perfume bottles she found on eBay, antique shops, and garage sales. 







By far the best food we had were at the end of our visit. We got grilled shrimp with rice in a carved out pineapple.

It was so good! I'm not going to lie...I was disappointed that I had to share. 

Just look at that delicious-ness!


The melted butter...the juicy shrimp...ahh so good!

We had to continue the high note so we went for something sweet..a maple bacon funnel cake!


Probably the best funnel cake I have ever had in my life. It's making me hungry just looking at the photo.

The fair is open until the 10th of August and it's in Costa Mesa. If you miss the O.C. Fair don't feel too bad! The L.A. County fair opens in September.

x Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment